Top Reasons to Replace Garage Door
Why replace your garage door?
Garage doors are a big investment. A properly functioning garage door can last many years, but it eventually needs to be replaced if it’s not maintained. Check out this short article on how to maintain your garage doors and what problems can arise if they aren’t cared for properly!
Here are three reasons why you might want to replace your garage door:
1. Your door is old and creaky: If your garage door is more than 10 years old, it may have started to creak and sag. This is because the wooden framework that supports the door has begun to wear down. A new garage door will not only be much quieter, but it will also move more smoothly and be less likely to sag or stick.
2. Your door is damaged: One of the most common problems with garage doors is that they get banged up by cars or pedestrians. If your garage door is dented or bent beyond repair, it will need to be replaced. Damage caused by weather can also take its toll on a garage door, such as rusting or decay.
3. You need more storage space: If you’ve been adding extra rooms to your home over the years, your garage may no longer be able to accommodate all of your gear. A new garage door can provide extra storage space for bikes, lawnmowers,
When should I replace my garage door?
When should you replace your garage door? This is a question that can be difficult to answer as it depends on many factors, including the type of door, the age of the door, and whether or not it has been maintained properly.
However, generally speaking, you should replace your garage door every 10-15 years if it’s in good condition and regularly used. If your garage is unused for an extended period of time or if it’s only used occasionally, then you may be able to get away with replacing your garage door every 5-7 years.
In general, you should inspect your garage door regularly to make sure that it’s in good condition and working properly. This includes checking the springs, cables, and mechanisms to ensure that they are still functioning properly. If there are any issues with your garage door, contact a professional installer to fix them.
What is the cost of installing a garage door?
Commercial garage door opener installations cost anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000. The amount you pay for the installation will depend on the size of your door and the type of system you choose. If you’re just installing a new garage door, the cost will likely be around $1,000. However, if you’re upgrading an existing garage door, the price could jump to as much as $5,000. Factors that will affect the cost of installation include:
- The size of your door
- The type of system you choose (manual or electric)
- The brand and model of your door
- Whether you need help from a professional installer
Professional Garage Door Service experts are one of the most commonly chosen when it comes to door installation. When it comes to commercial garage door installations, one must take into account a few things, such as the weight of the door and its width. Commercial doors that are installed must also have a certification from an accredited testing laboratory in order to ensure safety for both the workers and the customers. Additionally, commercial garage doors must be cleaned on a regular basis to avoid any build-up of dirt or snow which can affect the integrity of the door.