Commercial Garage Door Installations NJ: Maintaining your garage door
What are the benefits of installing your own commercial garage door opener in New Jersey?
Whether you just bought a new garage, or you’re upgrading an older one, there are a few simple steps you should take to make sure your door lasts as long as possible. This article discusses how this type of garage door opener can benefit you in many different ways – from the convenience of not having to leave the comfort of your home, to the safety and affordability associated with these models.
What to look for in a garage door?
When you are shopping for a new garage door, be sure to inspect the door carefully. Look for features that will make your life easier, like a slide-out panel to allow access to the roof of your car, or a sensor that will automatically close the door when you leave. You should also consider a garage door with a safety sensor that will send a signal to your phone if it detects movement outside. Garage doors can last many years with regular maintenance and proper care.
Here are some tips to keep your garage door in good condition:
- Wipe down the garage door with a dry cloth every week to remove dirt and dust.
- Check the cable tension regularly and tighten as needed using the provided tensioning screws.
- Use a degreaser on rust areas before applying a paint or sealant.
- Check for broken parts and replace as necessary. If your garage door is not opening or closing properly, call us for service!
Types of garage doors
There are three types of garage doors: manual, automatic, and remote.
Manual garage doors are operated by a person using a handle or a keypad.
Automatic garage doors open when the car in front of the door is close to the door, and they close when the car is gone.
Remote garage doors open and close with an electronic signal from the control panel.
There are pros and cons of different types of the garage doors. Here’s a look at them:
Manual Garage Doors:
- Are easy to operate for people with little experience or manual skills.
- Can be opened from inside or outside the house.
- Are typically cheaper than automatic or solar garage doors.
- Require less maintenance than automatic or solar garage doors.
- May not open during severe weather conditions (ie: snow)
- May require someone to be home to operate them.
Automatic Garage Doors:
- Open and close quickly, making them ideal for busy households.
- Can be operated using a remote control or through an app on a smartphone.
- Are usually more expensive than manual garage doors but have longer life spans and don’t require as much maintenance.
- May not open during severe weather conditions ( ie: snow)
- Require a monthly fee to operate them.
When should I call service techs?
There are a few things you can do to maintain your commercial garage door. It is important to know when something is not working properly so that you can get it fixed as soon as possible.
If the door is not opening or closing smoothly, or if it is sticking or making weird noises, you should call a service technician. You may also need to call if there is water accumulating on the door track or if the door does not close all the way. You can reach out to our expert technicians today.